There are 100 people.
There are 2 hot water cylinders.
There are many cold showers.
- You don’t have to stay under the water - point the shower-head away from you.
- Get your hands wet - they’re the most invincible to temperature - wet skin with hands.
- Stick hair under the shower-head: my hair is too thick for the wet-by-hands trick.
- Shampoo & Soap. staying well clear of the water-of-pain.
- To rinse: detach shower-head and spray close to localise the pain.
Important things to remember:
- Don’t forget to breathe.
- It’s ok to scream.
Options I’ve considered:
- Taking over the girl’s shower block because they apparently have more hot water. They have more hot water because there are less girls, they still run out sometimes.
- Taking showers at different times of the day - I’ve tried 6am, 11pm, and many in between. It’s just not happening
- Not showering. Not fair to my room mates.
Please suggest other options in the comments below.
I’ll have a serious post about what I’m doing here soon, I’m still processing what we’ve been learning though, I’m not ready to post about it yet.